10 Low Cost Marketing Ideas: Promoting Your Home Care Services in Metro Markets
Home care marketing, especially in metro markets, can feel like a daunting task. But there are many tools and resources to help you succeed and stand out.
Promoting Your Services
Creating awareness. Educating prospective clients and referral sources. Staying top-of-mind. Promotion is the strategy for getting the word out about your business. And when it comes to promotion, you run the risk of wasting lots of money.
You could spend tens of thousands of dollars on talented sales and marketing professionals, only to turn them loose on the market armed with little more than a cell phone and a prospect list. It’s inefficient. It’s ineffective. And it’s a recipe for failure.
Before spending your time and hard earned money on marketing, make sure you understand your target market and put a strategy in place.
The Right Strategy + The Right Tools = The Most Cost-Effective Promotion
The key to a great promotional strategy is to integrate the right combination of marketing tools and strategy. And then taking the right approach to designing effective marketing programs.
- DIRECT MARKETING – Targeting well-qualified prospects with a direct promotion and a strong offer. Ideally, direct marketing is integrated with direct sales to maximize response.
- BRANDING – Creating awareness and developing a reputation through advertising, PR and other online and offline media in an effort to attract the right clients.
- RELATIONSHIP MARKETING – Nurturing prospective referral sources and clients to educate, build trust, and make your home care business desirable.
- MARKETING TO INFLUENCERS – Focusing promotions on individuals who already have a relationship with the prospects you want to reach and using the influencer to create sales opportunities.
- CONTENT MARKETING / INBOUND MARKETING – Using educating, entertaining and thought-provoking content to attract clients – and caregivers – to your company. Content marketing can position your business as a thought leader while building a steady stream of leads for your team.
Smart Marketing in Metro Markets: Key Considerations
Here are a few promotional tools you might incorporate into your marketing:
- Company website
- Campaign specific microsites
- Caregiver spotlight email
- Aging care topics
- Search Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization – SEO
- Pay Per Click Advertising – PPC
- Internet Lead & Reputation Management Sites
- Social Media
- Industry-specific forums
- Online PR
- Direct Sales
- Cold Calls
- Drop Offs
- Sales collateral
- Promotional products
- Educational Materials
- Direct Mail
- Sales letters
- Greeting cards
- Dimensional mail
- Direct Response Advertising
- Trade Shows
- Job Fairs
- Printed Directories
- Print Advertising
- Broadcast Advertising
- Outdoor Advertising
- Public Relations
- PR Distribution
- Speaking and webinars
- Market Research
- Event Marketing
- Professional Association Membership
- Community Volunteering
- Custom Publications
Ideas are easy. Implementation is tough.
The challenge to low-cost marketing isn’t just coming up with ideas. The real challenge is creating a process to ensure that you’re marketing on a consistent basis.
- Put together a strategy
- Define your “product”
- Define your target client
- Determine your positioning message
- Define potential referral sources
- Figure out how you will get your message to your prospects
- Plan your tactics
- Select the tactics that fit your goals and budget
- Develop a repeatable process for marketing
- Create a marketing calendar
- Get help
- Assign ownership to every tactic
- Bring in outside help where needed to ensure you look great, communicate effectively, and implement consistently.
Need help? Speak with a marketing expert at Providentia Marketing by calling 888-229-8057 or send an email to [email protected]. Or visit providentiamarketing.com.
Providentia Marketing | At Providentia Marketing, we are home care industry specialists. We offer a range of services to satisfy the marketing needs and fit the budgets of all kinds of home care agencies.
We founded our company with the mission to help home care businesses with great, affordable marketing. Whether you’re looking for an effective way to stand out from the competition or you just need a new website or brochure, we can help.
Our services include: Website design and maintenance, email marketing, blog writing, social media marketing, marketing strategy and creative services.