After spending most of 2020 updating the same COVID-19 course at least twelve times, we decided it was time for a completely new and fresh take on the matter for the new year!
As the clock struck midnight on December 31st of 2020, the world stood hopeful that the hero, 2021, would arrive on its white horse and rescue us from the clutches of the COVID-19 pandemic but pandemics don’t work that way.
It’s 2021 and we are STILL battling COVID-19!
After spending most of 2020 updating the same COVID-19 course at least twelve times, we decided it was time for a completely new and fresh take on the matter for the new year! It’s still completely free for unlimited use, and it’s still a one-hour course with a 10-question quiz.
While some of the basic info on symptoms, treatment, precautions, and donning and doffing PPE carried over into the new course, we added loads of new information relevant to those providing care in the second year of this pandemic.
- An all-new introduction discussing the challenges and possibilities of reaching herd immunity.
- A detailed timeline of what we’ve seen the virus do thus far and what’s to come.
- New info on the use of pulse oximetry at home.
- A description of COVID-19 long haulers.
- Details of currently available vaccines.
- An explanation of why it’s so important for caregivers to get vaccinated.
- FAQs about vaccines and variants
- New CDC guidance on double masking.
- And new quiz questions!