Who We Are:
Our purpose is to empower every person to receive the highest quality of care at home and every home care provider to deliver it. With that purpose, we believe in a world where the standard of in-home care will give every patient, family member, and care provider peace of mind. We can do this by following our mission. To guide home care agencies in providing excellent care by giving them the insights, training, and tools to meaningfully improve every patient and caregiver experience.
We offer unique solutions to one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States—in post-acute care—and we’re already a nationally recognized thought leader in the space. Those who join our team now will have opportunities to grow with the company as we enhance our product offerings.
Why Is This Role So Special?
The Controller has ultimate responsibility for all accounting, treasury and payroll activities within the organization. Reports to the President, CFO, and the board of directors.
You will be a member of the company’s Leadership Team, helping to determine company-wide strategy and priorities. Along with key internal access and learnings from our equity partner.
Perks We Offer:
Unlimited paid time off with minimum number of days along with mental health days
Flexible scheduling- You are encouraged to set the schedule that is most conducive to your mental health, and day to day happiness
Wellness membership reimbursement
- Company paid dental, vision and major medical insurance
- Competitive benefits
- Work events- both virtual and in-person
- Fun culture and an awesome team supported by recognition tools like Bonusly
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Finance team members
- Responsible for oversight and management of Treasury, Investment Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/Billing and Payroll.
- In conjunction with the executive team, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Conduct ad hoc analyses of the organization’s finances and presents findings to executive leadership for decision-making and planning.
- Develop and maintain internal controls safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Provides management with short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations while assessing potential risks.
- Oversee timely and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes and coordinates the preparation of financial statements and filings in compliance with GAAP.
- Oversee and coordinate external audits, working closely with external auditors to develop efficient audit plans, ensuring timely coordination of requests and resolution of audit issues.
- Focus effort on automation of accounting processes and process improvement to ensure scalability.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships; proven leadership skills and management experience with an ability to recruit, develop, inspire and retain a high performing organization, and effectively deal with various personalities.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as a strong business sense with a strategic, conceptual, and operational orientation.
- Strong skill sets in the areas of presentation, facilitation, consultative, written and verbal communications.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial closure, reporting, internal controls, budgeting, etc.)
- Experience in growing private-equity owned company environment is a plus
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or another related field.
- Six or more years of experience in progressively responsible financial roles.
- Preferred: relevant experience in a SAAS company.
- Preferred: Master’s degree and/or Public Accounting experience, CPA
Our Hiring Process
Why Work for Home Care Pulse?
A career with us allows you to improve your skills, while also having the flexibility to make time for family, school, and other priorities.
Unlimited PTO + Paid Holidays
We encourage a healthy work-life balance and we back it with an unlimited PTO policy with minimums.
We benchmark our pay rates against other comparable software companies throughout the United States to make sure we’re competitive.
Opportunities for Advancement
We’re growing fast, we promote from within, and we invest in people. Come grow with us.
Always Closed on Sundays
We will never ask you to come into work on a Sunday. That’s a promise.
Results matter more than when or where you work. We have team members coast to coast and we’re not looking back.
Casual Dress Code
Don’t worry about getting dressed up for work. Appropriate casual dress is just fine.
Make a Difference
Make a difference in the life of people like your grandma. Who knows, maybe we’ve even interviewed your actual grandma.
Accelerate your retirement savings with excellent Roth and traditional 401K plans.
100% Paid Dental Insurance
Need dental work or a cleaning? It’s covered.
100% Paid Vision Insurance
We make sure your eye health is taken care of.
Gym Membership Reimbursement
Your physical and mental health are important to us.
Ping pong, escape rooms, and other team activities. We know how to work hard and play hard.
We want to make sure you’re covered in case of a life-changing event or event that renders you unable to work.
Like going above and beyond? We have frequent opportunities to earn a little extra.