October is Mentors Month
At Home Care Pulse, we’re passionate about helping home care agency owners grow their businesses. We find immense satisfaction in making a difference in the lives of these brave entrepreneurs.
To build on this mission, Home Care Pulse partnered with Mentors International to help struggling small business owners thrive in third world countries through micro business loans. The average microloan is $117. These small loans help small business owners and entrepreneurs get on the road to self-reliance and long-term success. With close to 100% loan pay-back and impressive business growth among their clients, Mentors International is truly making a difference in the world. We invite you to get involved, too!
These factors distinguish Mentors International from many other nonprofit and microfinance organizations:
- More impact generated per dollar– Your dollar gives over and over again with our perpetual model. Clients repay their loans with interest at reasonable rates to Mentors to help fund new loans, making your contribution last.
- The ripple effect – For each person who runs a business that generates a sustaining income, an average of at least five others receive food, clothing, shelter, and education. Eventually, the positive impact of one person can lift an entire community.
- No handouts – With Mentors’ guiding principle of a hand up, not a handout, the donor-recipient relationship is transformed. Mentors serves only individuals and families that demonstrate integrity and the motivation to lift themselves out of poverty.
- Accountability – Mentors requires full, on-time repayment of loans. Mentors’ loan repayment rate averages at 97 % and many communities are at 100% repayment
- Mentors International doesn’t solicit or accept government assistance – All contributions to Mentors are purely voluntary. Mentors does seek grants from family foundations and charitable organizations.
Where does my donation go?
Mentors International reaches the world’s impoverished across three continents. Mentors International has established seven partner organizations—one in each of these primary regions:
- Philippines – Luzon
- Philippines – Visayas
- Philippines – Mindanao
- El Salvador
What is my donation used for?
Microloans enable poor entrepreneurs to:
- Purchase tools and raw materials
- Increase product variety
- Improve product quality
- Enhance productivity and hire employees
- Satisfy market demand