4. Periodically seek referrals from your current clients. According to the 2020 Home Care Benchmarking Study, current and past clients are the top source of new referrals. Agencies who report clients as a top referral source say that their clients supplied an average of 73% of their revenue last year. Maintaining consistent communication with your clients is one of the keys to getting more client referrals.
5. Respond to negative online reviews and show that you take swift action to correct problems. Agencies who demonstrate that they are quick to acknowledge and thoroughly correct problems stand out from their competition.
6. Attend, sponsor, and help with community events. Consider having your staff organize or take part in a community service project or volunteer for a community event. This provides visibility, establishes your brand as service-oriented, and gives community members a chance to connect with your caregivers.
7. Invest in Google AdWords. With Google increasingly being a top channel for clients to connect with agencies, Google AdWords is a way to ensure that your agency is being seen by potential clients.
8. List your agency on internet lead sites. Internet lead sites were some of the top consumer marketing sources of 2017. If you’re not using these sites, now is the time to start. Internet lead sites include Caring.com, SeniorAdvisor.com, and CareinHomes.com.
9. Use ads in local newspapers. While newspapers have declined as the Internet has grown, they remain a venerable way to get visibility for your business.
10. Create a Google My Business profile. Doing this allows you to manage how your information appears across various Google services, including Google search results and Google Maps.
11. Buy ad space in local magazines. Ensure that your ad is simple, visually appealing, consistent with your brand, and has the necessary contact information.
12. Volunteer to speak at senior-related community events. Many communities have a calendar of senior-related events and welcome speakers. While this is a good chance to build awareness and trust in your company, take care to ensure that you deliver valuable insights rather than simply selling your services.
13. Seek referrals from healthcare professionals. Properly handled, referrals from healthcare professionals (including physicians, hospitals, homes, and other sources) can substantially increase your client base.
14. Ensure that you have a strong company brand. Maintain a compelling brand by designating your company’s core values and ensuring that your logo, marketing materials, and employees all act as ambassadors of these values.
15. Track how each of your existing clients found you and use this information to power your other marketing decisions. Good marketing starts with good information. Knowing how each of your clients found you will help reveal where to invest future marketing dollars. If you aren’t tracking how your clients first heard about your services, now is the time to start.